Monday, December 22, 2008

Shopping, Starbucks, Girly Time and Nicotine.

Yesterday went pretty well.


The storm could not stop me from finishing my Christmas shopping which I did in record time. I could not have been happier at how seamless it all was. No huge crowds, no pushy, caffeinated people cutting in line and an overall Christmas cheer. Then again, I shopped at Place Vertu which is virtually dead all the time anyway, so living in St. Laurent has paid off.


Speaking of Place Vertu, yesterday I discovered that a Starbucks opened in the mall. Since the mall is 2.4 minutes away from my house, you can imagine how stoked I was. Now I don't have to drive to Laval anymore for my sweet sweet coffee. On the downside, I ordered my Gingerbread Latte and could not drink more than 5 or 6 sips of it. I have not eaten properly in days and everything seems to make me sick. You can imagine my disappointment.

I spent all of yesterday at my friend Melo's house. I neded to get out of my room and welcome some distractions after the week I've been having. She really helped me get my mind off everything (at least for yesterday). We talked and cuddled with her new cats (her cat gave birth and had 4 of the cutest kittens I have ever seen! That's Tubs climbing up and Alien just below her.) then we watched Twilight (for the second time, her first time tho.) Then I stayed at her place. This morning we made dough for the dessert we're making tomorrow night for our Christmas together. I must say for the next few days I am quite busy, so hopefully I'll be feeling a little better. I have Christmas with Melo and the girls tomorrow, Christmas Eve with my mom's mom and Christmas Day with my dad's mom. I'm hoping this will distract me, but I'm scared it will just remind me that I'm alone and that I'll really miss him. I've missed him more and more with each day.

Speaking of the jarring pains in my heart, I purchased a pack of cigarettes the other day and I am so angry with myself, but I haven't thrown it out. It feels like the only thing that can calm me down when I'm alone. He'd be so mad if he found out. I know my friends are disappointed in me for caving, but I'm desperate. (Plus, it's pretty hard to cry your eyes out when you're smoking.)


I'm gonna get going, but I am confident when I say I'll be writing veryy soon. I must leave you with two things on my mind:

1) Facebook is the devil. In or out of a relationship, it ruins your life.
AND
2) Thanks Christina for teaching me how to post pics on my page :)

3 comments:

  1. 1) true. true. TRUE. facebook tells all...
    AND
    2) no problem. anytime :)

    ps: is she keeping the kittens? they're dfhdig'ing adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah yeah i think she's keeping them.
    i wanted to die they're so small!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! they're so tiny and i want one. and they are WHITE! ah!

    ReplyDelete