Thursday, December 11, 2008

Procrasti...wait for it...nation!!

Forget about it is like if you agree with someone, you know, like Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass, forget about it. But then, if you disagree, like a lincoln is better than a cadillac, forget about it! you know? But then, it's also like is something's the greatest thing in the world, like minghia those peppers, forget about it. But it's also like saying Go to hell too, like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" and Paulie says "Forget about it!" And sometimes, it just means forget about it.

- Donnie Brasco
____________________________________________________________________________________

So it seems as though many people have jumped on the blogging train so I thought it would be fun to try it out. I start work at 3, until an undisclosed time very late this evening (or very early tomorrow morning, depending on how you look at it.) I work the coat check at a reception hall .45 seconds away from my house. 

This Christmas season, I have decided to embrace the holiday and give up my Grinch-ness. I will be spending the holidays with family, friends and my boyfriend..all of whom i love dearly. There's no reason to dread a time that one spends eating and celebrating. The one thing I am dreading though, is the snow.

As a driver, one tends to be a bit more pessimistic about this time of year. Scraping and shoveling your car out of mounds of snow is taxing (and to be more precise, fucking exhausting!) But I am trying to be happy this holiday season so, for the time being, I will complain as little as possible (at least until the snow gets really bad and I have reason to bitch to all of you) I'm also beginning to wonder who will read this blog.. it's odd, but it feels like i'm writing to no one.

I will leave you with certain things on my mind...:

  • I read over my list of new years resolutions, and I haven't kept one. On the list were: 1) write something at least once a week (poem, short story...anything).  2) learn how to play an instrument. 3) go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week (I only started doing that mid way through september) and 4) have a more positive outlook on things, generally be a happier person. So my question is, should i even come up with new years resolutions this year, or is it just something to make me feel like I have a project ahead of me?
  • I would love snow much more if the city of MTL woke up and cleaned the snow better, and quicker. I mean, lets call a spade a spade here...the snow storm this week wasn't all that bad...it's going to get worse, and we'll have at least 20 of them this winter...its taken the snow plows 3 days to get rid of it.
  • I wish i was cooler. And just by saying that I'm pretty sure whatever level of cool I possessed vanished into thin air. What I mean is, I wish I was a bit more quirky...for example: I wish I listened to more obscure bands or made an effort to find obscure artists. I wish I had the balls to shop more in that uber trendy section of H&M where everything is floral or has puffy sleeves. I wish I had more tattoos. Sometime, I feel like I look the same as everyone else. It's boring.
  • And finally, I cannot wait until my exams are over. My final one is on Monday and I simply cannot wait to throw the exam in my stupid profs face and say "here's your damn essay!" and sprint off of Concordia's downtown campus in a fit of happiness and sheer joy.

Feel free to answer any of my questions :) 
Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. i have always thought that you are an exceptionally beautiful person, inside and out

    xo,
    rian

    ReplyDelete