Monday, February 9, 2009

HELLO MOTIVATION; where have you been hiding?!

C average is UNACCEPTABLE! 
(I used yellow to highlight the importance of its unacceptable-ness.)

In my creative process class, the teacher returned our first assignment. We were told to interview someone creative, and to ask them questions regarding (you guessed it) their creative process. Had this been the only guideline for the assignment, I would have had no problem. But, since my teacher (being THE MOST VAGUE man on the planet) only specified that we should interview someone 'famous' (i.e. the person should have something published or showcased) but he did not specify an exact length of each answer and suggested anything less than ten questions would be too little. Therefore, I, who does not have the time to hunt down and interview said 'famous' artistic being, I decided to ask my bf's aunt, who is a phenomenal painter, to be my subject. Although she is a stay at home mother, she is a mother of four (11 being the oldest of her four children) she is busy, as am I, so I emailed her my TWELVE questions (two above the suggested number n'est ce pas?) My teacher stated on my paper that only 8 of the 12 questions were to his liking and did not reflect questions pertaining to her creative process (I quickly pointed out that one of the questions he considered unsatisfactory had the words CREATIVE PROCESS in the question. I digress) He also felt that certain answers could have been, and I quote, "probed more". I explained that the interview was done by email and that she is a busy woman. He agreed that only 1 of the 4 questions he accused to be "non-creative process related" was in fact so and raised my mark by 2 points, still leaving me in the C grade bracket. Needless to say I was pissed.

The second mark I received today was also a C. It was the mark for my first test in my Social Deviance course, which I love. I have absolutely no argument concerning this mark. I put off the readings (I read the third chapter the day of the test) and studied for only about two days. I completely deserve the mark I received and it is mostly through this grade that my motivation (or lack thereof) has had a fire lit under it and I am determined to be more focused this semester. Last semester was my first and I was extremely pleased with my marks and my GPA, so if I have a solid foundation, there is no reason why I should break it down. I should take this foundation and build on it, becoming a more responsible and dedicated student.

Tomorrow is my day off and I will be spending the day downtown (probably at Cafe Myriade) being a busy, busy bee! My mid term for Post 1600 British Literature is due on Wednesday and it must be gooooodddd folks. 

On an unrelated note, I am seeing a friend for lunch whom I have not seen in ages. I could not be more excited to spend the only break I am allotting myself, with him. Mucho laughs and catching up will be had.

I'm off to studyland!
Stay fresh y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment