Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes.

After having lunch this week with an old friend (jav <3)>

Things were tough when I was 18 but life was good. I was coping with my father's death and the laughable concept cegep, but I was loving life. Each and every pay check was devoted to concert tickets, cds and beer. Going to Cafe L'Inco and Foufs were staples in my life, and following the most obscure yet fantastic bands was friggin' awesome. On my way home from my boyfriend's grandmother's we were singing along to Protest The Hero, and a sudden wave of nostalgia hit me. The summer I was 18, although it was only 2 and a half years ago, feels like a lifetime away. I had just met my boyfriend, and we began a friendship, unbeknownst to us, would turn into a love so great I will never forget it. I went to Foufs every Thursday and exercised my womanly right to free beer. I had jet black hair, and yes, I dressed like a bit of an idiot, but care, I did not! I was constantly meeting new people and expanding my social circle, but never forgetting those closest to my heart.

BUT this wave of nostalgia was accompanied by a crippling realization: I'm growing up, and I don't like it. I am no longer in cegep, I am in university. This directly translates to: NO SOCIAL LIFE. Not only do I not have much time for outings, but I lack the cash. Money is a constant thought on my mind, and so is the future, which like most people, petrifies me. I don't want to decide my career path, and have people constantly asking me whether or not Ryan is "THE ONE". Plainly said, I want to make an ass out of myself and have fun. I know I'm only 20, and I know I'm still young, but things are changing, whether I want them to or not. In any case, this ranting and raving (which is starting to resemble lyrics to a blink 182 song) will not continue to bore you. It just needed to be addressed.

WAKE UP BITCHES, THIS IS REAL LIFE!

3 comments:

  1. Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up. These are the best days of our lives. The only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you might just get it right.

    Oh god, did I seriously just quote the Ataris?

    Crippled social lives and lack of funding aside, there's no reason we can't still let lose and enjoy ourselves! The 20 years still leave room for stupid adventures.

    And we need to spend more time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to be a kid forever.......or maybe just 21 forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you never stop having fun and never stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete