Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New template and commitment issues.

It seems I have a problem with commitment, not in the traditional, relationship sense. In the 'everything in my life' sense.

I have been a TERRIBLE blogger and have lacked in the writing department for quite some time now. Every time a sudden rush of bloggery hits me, I am without computer or time, which blows. Also, its been slightly disconcerting that no one really reads my blog. And if people do, I don't really know it because no one comments on my stuff. But that's really besides the point. I want to be more committed to this blog and to other things in my life as well.

School deserves WAY more commitment than it has been given. I need to study more and catch up on the cluster-fuck of readings I have piling up every monday and wednesday. On the bright side though, I have been going to the gym at the end of each scholastic day (i.e every monday and wednesday at 4) and I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

On a way shittier note, I frequented the local bronzage (by local I mean I live in ville st-laurent and I drive to st-dorthee in order to bronze myself for $6, any amount of minutes) and being italian and dark skinned, I thought ten minutes would be safe. Also, I've been to this particular salon many, many times, but have not been in a span of approximately 5 months. I left Saturday morning feeling warm and tan. A slight redness occurred on my chest but this is very typical and I thought nothing of it. As the day progressed, the area became increasingly sensitive and began to hurt. The redness got worse, along with the sensitivity of the area. I finally decided to go to the clinic on Monday during my break and alas, I have a first degree burn on my chest from a bronzage machine! I am completely baffled. Today is day 1 of 7 for doctor prescribed cream application. The cream kinda smells and I am unhappy, yay skin cancer :)

On a final note, I began browsing google for pictures of Ms. Dita Von Teese last evening and I have come to a conclusion. I am absolutely in love with this woman. She is everything a woman should be and more. Not only does she represent a time period wherein I believe I should have been born, she screams glamor with every photo shoot and outfit. She is my idol, she is the most beautiful woman in the world. I aspire to double her fashion sense by this summer :)


4 comments:

  1. what the hell! first degree burns! THAT'S MALADE!!!!! i hope it heals fast. will this stop you from going to bronzage now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when the doctor was writing my prescription he said "sooo have we learnt something today?"
    my response, "go for less minutes?"

    i'm messed up lol!

    P.s JayP, i'm glad my words had an impact on you, i wish you only the best and a worlds amount of happiness. also, she divorced manson, so she's cool now lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh what the hell is all this about no one reading your blog Miss. Bertolo!!?? I've been harasing you for you to wrtie something for the past 3 weeks!!!! Ok, ok, you were probably not talking about me cause you know for a fact I read every single thing you write and trully hope you will find the time, after priorities of course, to write a little more! Keep up the good work sweety!

    Oh ya and... Am I the only one here who has no damn clue who Dita Von Teese is???

    ReplyDelete
  4. i obviously wasn't talking about you kim lol and i'm so grateful that you love my stuff :)

    and about dita, its okay, i'll teach you about her wondrous glory :)

    ReplyDelete